Stromboli is a tasty Italian dish that always seems to taste even better the next day. If you have some stromboli leftovers, you may wonder what the best way to reheat stromboli is. Luckily, you have a few options when it comes to enjoying this filling meal for a second, third, or even fourth day!
There are two easy ways to reheat stromboli: in an oven or a microwave. A microwave is faster, of course, but you’ll be left with a slightly softer crust. For a flaky, crispy crust, using an oven is a better option.
How do you reheat stromboli?
When it comes to reheating stromboli, there are two schools of thought: those who want to maintain that delicious, crispy crust that it had when they first cooked it and those who want it fast no matter what.
If you want your leftover stromboli to maintain a similar texture to when it first came out of the oven, you should consider reheating it in an oven. The same method applies to other filled-crust dishes, like reheating a calzone. Microwaves are quicker, but they cause the crust to soften. The method you use to reheat entirely depends on how crispy you want your crust to be!
Reheating stromboli in an oven
- Take your stromboli out of the fridge and allow it to rest at room temperature for up to 30 minutes. If you’re in a time crunch, this step can be skipped. But if you have the time and don’t want to sacrifice quality, this step will ensure your stromboli reheats evenly.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit as you wrap the entire stromboli in aluminum foil.
- Put the stromboli in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until it’s heated enough to eat.
- If needed, you can place it back in the oven without the foil wrap to get it a little crispier.
- Take it out of the oven and enjoy it with your favorite pesto, garlic sauce, or marinara!
Reheating stromboli in a microwave
- Like with the oven method, allow your stromboli to rest on the counter at room temperature for up to 30 minutes for even reheating.
- Put it on a microwave-safe plate and cover it with a lightly dampened paper towel. This will help the crust retain some moisture so it doesn’t dry out.
- Heat for around three to five minutes, and let it cool down for at least a minute before eating.
- Enjoy your quick, yummy lunch!
Can you reheat stromboli in an air fryer?
Absolutely! Air fryers are quick and convenient, so it’s no wonder many people use them to reheat leftovers. To reheat stromboli in an air fryer, you simply turn the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and place the stromboli inside for three to four minutes.
Keep in mind that air fryers tend to dry out the crust, so you may end up with dry or extra crispy stromboli if you use this method.
How long is leftover stromboli good for?
Just like with all leftovers, stromboli leftovers can be kept in the fridge for up to four days or frozen for up to four months. According to the USDA, while frozen leftovers are technically safe forever, they tend to lose quality and flavor when stored in the freezer for longer than a few months.
Stromboli is always a delicious treat, whether it’s fresh out of the oven or a next-day snack. Your best option to maintain quality is to reheat using an oven, but a microwave or air fryer are great alternatives in a pinch. Whatever method you use to reheat your stromboli, we’re sure you’ll enjoy it!