Cold pizza is delicious, but sometimes you just want to reheat your leftover pizza, specifically your Domino’s.
There are a few foolproof methods in which to do this without compromising the taste or texture.
The best way to reheat Domino’s pizza is to use an oven or stovetop. Microwaving your pizza is not recommended, but Domino’s has a suggested method we’ll get into.
The Best Methods to Reheat Domino’s Pizza
There are three preferred ways to reheat Domino’s pizza. Two using an oven, and one using a skillet. You can also use the microwave, which isn’t recommended but mentioned below regardless.
|Method||Result||When to Use|
|Oven Method 1 – Preheat Method||Warm and melty, not too crispy.||2+ slices, when you have 10 or so minutes.|
|Oven Method 2 – Crispy Method||Hot and crispy!||2+ slices, when you have 20+ minutes.|
|Skillet / Stovetop Method||Hot, but soft – not crispy.||1 slice, when you’re on the go but don’t want cold pizza.|
|Microwave Method (Not recommended)||Hot, hard crust with soft cheese||1 slice, when there are truly no other alternatives.|
Oven Method 1 – The Preheat Method
For every oven method make sure you remove your pizza from the box when reheating. Putting your cardboard pizza box in a hot oven is a recipe for an oven fire – something you hopefully want to avoid.
This method actually involves putting your pizza in the oven before it gets hot. It’s a great way to reheat your Domino’s pizza so that the heat distributes evenly, but you don’t overcook the pizza.
- Place your Domino’s pizza slice(s) on a baking sheet covered in foil.
- Make sure your oven rack is positioned in the center of your oven. This ensures that the heat reaches your Domino’s pizza evenly.
- Set your oven to preheat to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Place your Domino’s pizza in the oven as it is preheating.
- Once your oven has reached 375 degrees Fahrenheit, take your Domino’s pizza out of the oven. It should be hot and melty, without being too overly crisped.
If you’re looking for a softer crust, put a small bowl of water (in an oven-safe bowl) in your oven as you preheat it, with the Domino’s pizza. The steam will ensure that your crust doesn’t get too hard.
Oven Method 2 – Crispy Method
If you like crispy, melty Domino’s pizza, this method is for you! Again, make sure your pizza is not in the box for this method.
- Preheat your oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit. Your oven rack should be in the center of your oven.
- Place your Domino’s pizza on a baking sheet covered in foil.
- Cook for 25 minutes, until your desired level of crispiness has been reached.
This is a slow, safe way to reheat your Domino’s pizza without compromising the texture of your crust and cheese.
If you want to keep your crust the same consistency (read: not crispy) cover the edges of it with aluminum foil. You can do this with either oven method. This ensures that your crust still heats, but the heat from the oven won’t burn or crisp it up.
If you’re looking for piping hot Domino’s pizza, without the crispiness, you can place a small oven-safe bowl with water in the oven next to your baking sheet. The steam released will make your Domino’s just soft enough, without making it mushy.
Skillet / Stovetop Method
If you’re running out of time to reheat Domino’s pizza, you can easily and quickly reheat your pizza in a skillet on your stove. Only taking 5 or so minutes, this is a quick and easy way to reheat 1 or 2 slices of Domino’s pizza.
- On your stove, heat up a nonstick skillet on low heat. You’ll want the pan to be large enough so that the pizza fits, but small enough where you can fit a lid or heat-safe plate over the top.
- Put your pizza in the skillet and cover it with your lid or plate. This will trap any moisture from your Domino’s, ensuring that it will heat up more quickly. This also slightly softens the pizza.
- Keep your Domino’s pizza on the skillet for 5 or so minutes, or until heated to your liking. You can check on it every once in a while, to make sure it’s not burning.
Because Domino’s pizza is generally thicker than other types of pizza, this method is best used when you want your Domino’s warm or room temperature.
While we don’t recommend putting your pizza in the microwave, you can reheat your Domino’s pizza using this method, sanctioned by Domino’s itself!
- Adjust your microwave power level to 40%. Most microwaves have a default of 100% power. This will help to reheat your pizza more evenly.
- Place a half-full glass of water in the microwave with your pizza. You should not try to heat more than 1-2 slices of Domino’s pizza in the microwave.
- Heat up your Domino’s pizza for 20-30 seconds.
The glass of water is a key component of this method, as it diverts the moisture away from your Domino’s pizza. Careful not to overheat your Domino’s in the microwave as the cheese can separate.
In reheating your Domino’s pizza, the best methods to try are in the oven or over the stove. That said, for those brave souls that want to try the microwave, Domino’s has suggested the method listed above. Happy Eating!