The coffee industry seems to be putting out new flavors and additives on a regular basis. With all the hype coconut oil gets from its health benefits and various uses, why not try it in coffee?
So what does coffee with coconut oil taste like? Taste can vary based on the type of coconut oil you get; non-virgin coconut oil tends to be pretty bland while virgin coconut oil offers a warm smell and tastes similar to light vanilla or cocoa.
It also affects the texture and mouthfeel. It can become a bit oily or smooth and creamy, depending on how much you add and how you incorporate it.
Regardless of how you normally take your coffee, there are many ways to make coconut oil work for your taste buds.
- Add one or two tablespoons of oil to your regular cup, depending on how strong you prefer the taste.
- Blend the oil and coffee in a blender for a smoother texture.
- Add a tablespoon of butter to your coffee in the blender as well to get a smooth and frothy texture.
- Prefer flavorful lattes? Add some coconut milk and cinnamon for more of a spiced flavor. For an extra kick, use a small amount of cayenne pepper.
Potential Health Benefits of Coconut Oil
In addition to tasting great, adding coconut oil to your daily cup of joe may have several health benefits:
- Boosts energy
- Promotes weight loss
- Less likely to have heart disease
- Fits with the Keto diet
- Promotes healthy bowel movements
- Boosts metabolism
These potential benefits make coconut oil a great addition to your morning routine whether you are headed to work or the gym.
Other Uses for Coconut Oil
Coconut is not only a great addition to coffee but provides several other uses as well:
- General cooking
- Acne treatment
- Skin moisturizer
- Teeth strengthener
- Defrizzes hair
- Sunburn treatment
- Treatment for stretch marks
- Bug repellent
Convinced coconut oil in your coffee is a good fit for you? Nowadays, coconut oil is pretty easy to find thanks to all the hype on its health benefits. Check your local grocery store, Walmart, or Amazon. For its taste and all of its potential health benefits, coconut oil is worth the ten-dollar investment!