When looking at different cuisines it is safe to wonder what the dish will actually taste like. If you have a particular craving for something spicy and on the lighter side of a meal then chicken with garlic sauce may be the dish for you!
Chicken with garlic sauce is a flavorful experience with tender, juicy poultry and pungent spicy garlic. Depending on how the dish is prepared, the chicken should be tender and the garlic sauce should be spicy and full of fragrance.
Due to its heavy sulfuric content, garlic is avoided by some. But many prefer the taste and smell of garlic, and some eat garlic in everything! Chicken with garlic sauce is just as tasty as it is smelly.
Ginger is a spice that is often used to accompany the flavor palate in this dish. It is added in its shredded or grated form during the cooking process. It is often used in Asian cultures as a palate cleanser, but in a dish such as chicken and garlic, ginger plays a big flavor role.
How to Prepare Chicken with Garlic Sauce
Any kind of chicken can be used in this recipe, however the majority of recipes advise using chicken breasts. Garlic and ginger give this dish its spicy kick, but it’s okay to add onions for more of the same . To cut back on the spiciness or puncgency of this dish simply add less garlic and ginger to the pan while cooking.
To make a simple dish, pick out what kind of chicken you’d like to use. Chicken strips or other frozen pieces of chicken can even work in a pinch. Make sure to consider steamed veggies and rice on hand as well to serve with your chicken and garlic sauce.
Chicken with Garlic Sauce
You will need:
- One pound of chicken breast, thinly sliced
- Three small cloves of garlic, or two tablespoons of minced garlic
- One small knob of ginger, shredded
- Two tablespoons of butter
- One cube of chicken bouillon
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- Melt butter in the pan
- Mince the garlic and add it to the pan
- Saute the garlic to a light brown and add the shredded ginger
- Add water, bouillon cube, and flour and stir until it becomes thick
- Add the raw chicken to the pan and continue to stir while cooking the meat
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Once the meat is almost cooked thoroughly, make sure to coat the meat with the sauce mixture and let simmer for five to seven minutes
- Remove from heat and serve
- Remember to serve with rice and or steamed vegetables for a completed meal
- Save the remaining sauce for a drizzle on salads or other dishes such as beef with garlic sauce
The Finished Product
Now that you have completed cooking the meal you have a great big whiff! It smells wonderful, like ginger and garlic. Now what does it taste like? The chicken should be tender and juicy and the sauce should be a little thick in texture like a gravy.
Adding other vegetables to chicken and garlic sauce can add to the flavor qualities. Items like thinly sliced red peppers, green onions, and others can bring flavor profiles to the plate that are as familiar and healthy. Garlic and ginger have health benefits as well, so this dish won’t put on the pounds around your waist.
Chicken and garlic sauce is a great recipe for those who like to explore the spicy side of cuisine. The dish, when prepared at home, will have great tastes, textures, and smells that you can tinker with at your leisure. The chicken should be tender and the sauce should be thicker like a gravy or soup.
Both the chicken and garlic sauce would go great with steamed vegetables and rice. In this flavor profile, the garlic mixes with the ginger to provide a spicy and pungent taste and aroma. Chicken and garlic sauce is a wonderful idea for a quick dinner.