Ever wonder how to make traditional take out meals at home? Ever have the craving for a good Chinese dish, but you’re unsure of what to make? Let’s find out if beef with garlic sauce is a good match for your taste buds!
Beef with garlic sauce is a wonderful adventure into the realm of earthy, meaty, and pungent goodness. Depending on how the dish is prepared, the beef should be tender and the garlic sauce should be somewhat spicy and distinct.
Not everyone loves garlic, but if this is a good fit for you then don’t hesitate to try and create a rendition of this recipe. Some people have an aversion to garlic due to its heavy sulfurous content and strong taste and smell. This can be avoided by adding garlic to this recipe to taste.
Often ginger will be added to the dish as well. This is a staple of a lot of Chinese dishes. It is not necessary to add this to the dish to be considered complete, however.
How to Prepare Beef with Garlic Sauce
Any kind of beef can be used in this recipe, however the majority of recipes use thinly sliced beef from sirloin cuts. Garlic and ginger give this dish its spicy kick. To cut back on the spiciness or puncgency of this dish simply add less garlic and ginger to the pan while cooking.
To make a simple dish, pick out what kind of beef you’d like to use. Ground beef can work in a pinch. Make sure to have some veggies and rice on hand as well to serve with your beef and garlic sauce.
Beef with Garlic Sauce
You will need:
- One pound of beef, thinly sliced, or ground if it’s all you have
- Three small cloves of garlic, or two tablespoons of minced garlic
- One small knob of ginger, shredded
- ½ pound of any kind of mushroom (shitake, portobello), sliced
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Drizzle olive oil in the pan and heat it up
- Mince the garlic and add it to the pan
- Saute the garlic to a light brown and add the shredded ginger
- Add the raw beef to the pan and continue to stir while browning the meat
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Once the meat is almost cooked thoroughly, add a handful of mushrooms and let them sit in the pan to cook
- Remove from heat and serve
- Remember to serve with rice and or vegetables for a complete meal if so desired
- Add sesame seeds if desired
- Save the remaining sauce for a drizzle on salads or other dishes such as chicken with garlic sauce
The Finished Product
So you made your meal and you sat down to eat. You get a whiff of the delicious scents of beef and garlic, but how does it taste? Beef with garlic sauce should include all the chewiness of well cooked sliced beef complimented with the spiciness of garlic and ginger.
Once again, it really does not matter what kind of beef you use. If you have some in the freezer then go ahead and thaw it and use it, as the garlic sauce will go well with whatever you may have. Ground beef will still have the same consistency as ground beef, sirloin steak to sirloin steak, etc.
Garlic and ginger have amazing health benefits as well, so this dish doesn’t have to make you feel guilty later. Adding other vegetables to beef and garlic sauce can add to the flavor qualities. Items like shallots, green onions, and broccoli can bring flavor profiles to the plate that are as familiar as they are tasty.
If you figured out your craving for dinner was a Chinese dish, then beef and garlic sauce may be the perfect choice for dinner tonight! Beef and garlic sauce has a decidedly spicy and pungent quality to it that many like. Beef of any kind may be used in the dish and the spiciness of the dish is up to the cook’s discretion.