Chicken wings are a delight to indulge in and an all-time favorite for a lot of people. They can be enjoyed as a snack treat during a party or as a main dinner dish. They’re delicious and easily accessible.
It’s quite normal to have leftovers and want to enjoy the rest of your wings another time. Using leftovers is a great way to save food and money. So what is the best way to reheat wings so that they still turn out juicy and delicious?
You can reheat wings with an air fryer so that they are just as good as they did the first time. If you haven’t tried it out, you are definitely missing out on some tasty leftovers. Make sure to follow these tips for the best results.
Why reheat your chicken wings in an air fryer?
The air fryer is the best way to reheat wings for several reasons.
It saves time because it is quick and easy with little preheating time needed. This way you don’t have to even consider your oven or microwave as it is incredibly straightforward.
It retains the delicious taste of your wings. When reheated properly, you’re barely going to notice a difference in taste and some say it even tastes better. If you’re reheating crispy wings, they will come just as crispy as ever.
Your wings will remain tender. It is pretty easy to dry out when reheated for too long or with too much heat. The air fryer blows for perfect heating if done correctly.
The air fryer is ultimately the most convenient way to reheat your wings.
How to reheat your chicken wings in an air fryer
Okay so first you want to take your wings and leave them at room temperature for about twenty minutes. Next, you should:
- Preheat your air fryer to 360 degrees F/180 degrees C for about five minutes.
- Spray the inside of the air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray.
- Put wings in the basket in single layers without overlapping and spray on a little olive oil.
- You can add some sauce at this point if you’d like or leave for after.
- Air fry for two to three minutes on each side while checking to make sure it doesn’t dry out. Add an extra two minutes if reheating whole wings and not just drums and flats.
- Heat until it is as crispy as you’d like and proceed to serve.
This method ensures that the chicken wings are heated all the way and won’t get dry. Spritzing the wings with oil gives them even more crisp if that’s what you want. Make sure you do not overcrowd the air fryer basket so that your wings stay crispy.
This method works well with different recipes and types of wings. Whether it’s buffalo wings or your garlic parmesan wings, you will get the best results. This works just fine for boneless wings as well.
How to reheat frozen chicken wings in the air fryer
Whether you have leftover frozen wings or precooked wings from the store, you can reheat them in your air fryer. Before warming them, leave the wings to thaw for a little bit at room temperature.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400F, this high temperature ensures quick heating and perfectly done wings.
- If your air fryer basket isn’t non-stick, spray the inside with cooking spray.
- Put the wings in the basket without overlapping.
- Air fry for 6 minutes on each side until properly heated. Add an extra two minutes if reheating whole wings.
- Remove from basket and serve.
This is quite fast and easy as wings would have taken about 30 minutes in the oven. It is the best way to reheat frozen chicken wings.
How long can chicken wings sit out?
Typically you can store your leftover wings in the fridge for up to three days before they go bad. If you have leftover fast food wings, make sure to consume them in two days. You can store them using the box you bought them in or any clean container.
Remember that your wings have to be reheated properly in the air fryer to avoid any sickness. Discard any leftovers that you’ve had for over 3 days or forgot to store in the fridge.
How many times can I reheat wings in an air fryer?
You can reheat your wings twice but only if you store them properly. Putting them in the fridge within two hours of eating will prevent the wings from going bad. Do note that even though you can reheat wings twice, it is probably best not to.
Each time you reheat them, they are going to lose flavor and will most likely dry due to less moisture. The texture will also be affected and the taste will probably deteriorate. It is best to reheat your wings once for maximum satisfaction.
We’ve discovered that the air fryer is the best way to get the most out of our leftover chicken wings. As long as you practice proper storage and follow the tips, you’ll have tasty wings.