A pot pie from KFC is a great way to indulge in fast food that isn’t incredibly unhealthy. But, you may find yourself stuck with leftovers that you don’t want to go to waste. It is possible to reheat a KFC pot pie and achieve an almost-perfect freshness, but it has to be done right.
Pot pies have a filling that is prone to becoming soggy when reheated. You don’t want this to be the case, as it will be less appetizing and lose much of its craveable flavor.
The best way to reheat a pot pie from KFC and preserve its original taste and texture as much as possible is using an oven.
How to Reheat KFC Pot Pie
You cannot use a microwave to reheat your pot pie from KFC, as it is sold in a foil pan. This makes it unsafe for a microwave, and removing it from the foil and placing it into another container is almost bound to create a mess. So, an oven is the best way to reheat a KFC pot pie.
- First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Moving the pot pie from the original container it was sold to you in isn’t a great idea, as it can get very messy and ruin the structure of the pot pie. However, if you choose to do this, be very careful. Use a spatula to slowly scoop it out into the desired container.
- Place the pot pie into another oven-safe container. The foil it’s already in is safe for the oven, but putting it into another container will prevent messes.
- Start to reheat the pot pie for a few minutes without anything covering the top.
- Once you see the crust begin to get dark, cover the pot pie with aluminum foil.
- Heat for as long as 20 minutes, check every few minutes to make sure it isn’t over- or undercooked.
- Once it is cooked, dig right in. If you like, now is a great time to sprinkle some cheese on top of the pot pie.
If you just bought a pot pie from KFC the other day and thoroughly enjoyed it but ended up with some leftovers, there is a way to reheat it. Using a microwave isn’t ideal, the best way to reheat a KFC pot pie and preserve its taste and texture is by using an oven. This is an almost surefire way to restore your pot pie.