Let’s face it. Papa John’s Pizza is one of the best pizza chains around. The dough, cheese and other ingredients are fresh and delicious. The delivery service is fast, so a pizza always arrives at your house hot and steaming.
It is easy to order too much Papa John’s pizza. Two large pizzas is a typical combination that they sell you. Two large pizzas will feed up to 8 hungry adults. Usually there is pizza left over to reheat.
Papa John’s Pizza reheats the best in the oven. You can use the microwave to reheat your pizza. You can even reheat your pizza on the stove. Try reheating your pizza on the grill to give it a flavor all its own.
How to Reheat Your Papa John’s Pizza in the Conventional Oven
The conventional oven is one of the best ways to reheat your Papa John’s pizza if you want to heat half a pizza or more. The process is simple.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Take the Papa John’s pizza pieces out of the box.
- Optional: wrap the pizza slices in aluminum foil for a moister crust.
- Put the pizza slices on a cookie sheet.
- Once the oven has preheated, put the cookie sheet in the oven on the middle rack.
- Reheat for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Use an oven mitt to remove the pizza from the oven.
- Eat immediately.
How to Reheat Your Papa John’s Pizza in a Toaster Oven
If you are only going to cook one or two pieces of Papa John’s pizza, it is simpler and more cost effective to use a toaster oven. The toaster oven uses less energy than the conventional oven. The process is like reheating your Papa John’s pizza in the conventional oven.
- The toaster oven does not need to be preheated because it heats quickly.
- Take the Papa John’s pizza out of the box.
- Optional: wrap the pizza pieces in aluminum foil for a moist crust.
- Put the pizza slices on the toaster oven cooking sheet.
- Turn the toaster oven selector to bake.
- Set the temperature setting to 400 degrees.
- Start the toaster oven.
- Reheat for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Use an oven mitt to remove the pizza from the toaster oven.
- Eat immediately
How to Reheat your Papa John’s Pizza in the Microwave Oven
This method is the fastest and easiest, but it does not always give the best results. The crust might get a little soggy, and it will lose most of its crispiness.
- Get a microwave-safe plate
- Put a napkin or paper towel on the plate
- Put the Papa John’s pizza on the plate.
- Note: It is possible to reheat the pizza directly in the box, but your pizza will end up tasting like cardboard.
- Put the plate in the microwave oven.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds per piece.
- Remove the pizza from the microwave oven.
- Eat it while it’s hot.
How to Reheat Your Papa John’s Pizza on the Stove Top
This might seem like an unusual way to reheat your Papa John’s pizza, but it makes a delicious leftover meal. This method will make the pizza taste like a Chicago style pizza.
- Get a medium to large sized skillet.
- Add a thin layer of oil.
- Preheat the pan for a few minutes on medium.
- The pan will be ready when a topping sizzles when it hits the oil.
- Put the Papa John’s pizza in the pan.
- Put a lid on the pan, but leave a crack open so that excess moisture escapes.
- Cook the pizza for approximately 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the pizza from the pan.
- Serve the pizza hot.
If You Feel Adventurous, Reheat Your Papa John’s Pizza on the Grill
A gas grill is easier, but a charcoal grill will give a better flavor. This method will make a leftover pizza that tastes fire grilled.
- Preheat the gas grill to 375 degrees.
- Alternately, prepare the charcoal briquets and ignite them.
- Make sure you remove the Papa John’s pizza from the box.
- Wrap the pizza in aluminum foil.
- Once the grill is up to temperature, put the Papa John’s pizza on the grill.
- Cook for approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove the pizza from the grill using oven mitts.
- Serve immediately.
Pizza is such a popular item to eat because it is so versatile. If you follow these instructions well, your leftover Papa John’s pizza will be as good as it was the night you ordered it.
You can cook your Papa John’s pizza in the oven, in a microwave oven, on the stovetop or on the grill. Microwaving your pizza is easy but will have the worst results. The best results are reheating the pizza on the stovetop or the grill.