Olive Garden is known for being a family-friendly restaurant offering some popular Italian dishes. From the warm and soft breadsticks to the delicious pasta offerings, it’s no wonder why they’re such a crowd favorite.
One of their tastiest dishes is the classic fettuccine Alfredo pasta, it is absolutely delightful. It’s not unusual to want to keep some at home for that afternoon craving or even an easy dinner. I bet you’d like to know how to reheat it to make it taste just as good as the first day.
You can reheat Olive Garden Alfredo in different ways depending on what you have at your disposal. You also have to consider how long you’d want to keep it before consuming it. If you’re not going to eat it right away, then it only makes sense to learn how to store it.
How to store Olive Garden Alfredo
If you’re worried about your leftover pasta going bad, you can choose to freeze it for a limited time. You can also keep it in the fridge if you plan to eat it soon. The freezer is the best way to extend the shelf life.
How to freeze Olive Garden Alfredo
This pasta is a popular favorite and comfort food for many. To be able to enjoy this anytime you might want to freeze it for later. You can also choose to replicate the recipe and make a batch for later so how do you freeze it?
Follow these steps to freeze your Olive Garden Alfredo:
- Let the pasta cool down if it’s hot. Food, in general, should cool down before being frozen as condensation can affect the quality.
- Put it in an airtight container or a freezer bag. If you don’t have either, you can opt for plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
- Make sure to freeze in thin layers so that it’s easy to defrost and reheat later on.
- Label the container or wrap it with the contents and freezing date. This will enable you to monitor the pasta and use it before the shelf life is up. It will stay good for up to three months in the freezer.
Note that your Alfredo pasta should not exceed two hours at room temperature before putting it in the freezer. This is to prevent contamination from food-borne bacteria. If it has exceeded that time, you shouldn’t bother with freezing it anymore.
How long will Olive Garden Alfredo last in the fridge?
To extend the shelf life of the pasta in the fridge, refrigerate it within two hours. This way it will last for about three to five days without going bad.
- Let the pasta cool down.
- Proceed to put the pasta in an airtight container or plastic wrap/bag.
- Place in the refrigerator.
Remember that bacteria grow quite rapidly in food. You shouldn’t refrigerate pasta that has been sitting out for more than two hours at room temperature.
How to thaw Olive Garden Alfredo
The best way to do this is in the refrigerator. It may take some of your time but it thaws your pasta at a safe temperature. If you want to make it quicker, use a cold bath and change the water every thirty minutes 3 times.
If you’re in an absolute rush, you might want to try the microwave. Use the defrost setting and wait for the pasta to thaw. If you’re worried about the sauce breaking, just add some milk/water when reheating.
How to reheat Olive Garden Alfredo
There are multiple methods that you can use to reheat your pasta. You can opt for the oven, stovetop, microwave, and others. Keep reading to find out the steps involved with each method.
Using the oven
The oven is a great way to reheat Olive Garden Alfredo. It helps cook the pasta evenly and keeps the sauce from breaking. Make sure to remove it from the freezer and thaw it before reheating.
- Remove pasta from the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Put the pasta in a baking dish and add a little water. This will bring back some moisture while it’s preheating.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil to create some steam and keep the pasta creamy.
- Leave the Alfredo to heat up for ten minutes. After ten minutes, take out the dish and stir the pasta. Place it back in the oven for an additional five to ten minutes.
- When it’s ready, remove it from the oven and serve.
Note that you only need a few drops of water, just to keep the pasta moist while it’s heating up. This is is probably the best way to reheat Alfredo.
Using a stovetop
While this takes longer than the oven, it is also an effective way to reheat Alfredo pasta. It retains that creamy and delicious taste you’re looking for. There are two ways to do this:
Using direct heat
- Take the pasta out of the fridge. This is after it has thawed.
- Put the pasta in a pan and set it on the stove. Leave it on medium heat.
- Make sure to stir gently from time to time.
- When it starts to get hot, add some cream or sauce.
- Keep stirring until it’s done.
- Remove from heat and serve.
- Remove pasta from the fridge.
- Fill a pot halfway with water.
- Get a heat-safe container that can fit in the pot.
- Put the pasta in the container. Ensure that the water won’t get inside the container.
- Put the pot on the stove.
- Allow the water to simmer, this will start to heat the pasta.
- Avoid letting the water boil so that it doesn’t get into the container.
- Stir the Alfredo to retain the creamy consistency.
- Once the pasta is heated properly, remove it from the stove and serve.
Both methods work just fine to reheat Olive Garden Alfredo.
Using the microwave
As you can probably tell, this is the fastest way to reheat Alfredo pasta. Just follow these steps:
- Remove pasta from the fridge. You can also use this method of the pasta is frozen. You’ll need to allow more cooking time and stir often.
- Put the Alfredo in a microwave-safe container.
- Add a little water or cream to the pasta and stir it.
- Cover the container with plastic wrap and make two holes to allow steam through.
- Put the pasta in the microwave and allow it to heat for about a minute.
- Take out the container from the microwave and stir the pasta. You can add some water or cream at this point if needed.
- Repeat the previous step until the pasta is properly reheated. If you want to be sure, you can check the internal temperature which should reach 165 degrees F.
- Once it’s done, remove it from the microwave and serve.
Quick and easy right? So next time you’re in a rush, just pop the pasta in the microwave.
Can you reheat Olive Garden Alfredo in an air fryer?
Yes, you absolutely can. This might be surprising but the air fryer is quite an effective way to reheat most foods including Alfredo.
- Take out the pasta from the fridge. Allow thawing if it’s in the freezer.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Spray the air fryer basket with nonstick spray or brush it with some oil. This is to prevent the pasta from sticking to the basket.
- Place the pasta in the air fryer and cover with the lid.
- Set the timer for fifteen minutes.
- Stir and add some water or sauce to retain the consistency.
- Once it’s cooked thoroughly, remove it from the air fryer and enjoy.
If you have a lot of Alfredo pasta, it is best to reheat it in separate portions. Adjust the cooking time as needed.
How to make Alfredo pasta at home
If you’re curious and you’d like to enjoy the savory pasta dish at home, just stick around to find out. You’ll need:
- 1/2 cup of butter or a stick.
- 2 cups of heavy cream.
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced. You can also use garlic powder.
- 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- A twelve-ounce box of fettuccine pasta.
- Pinch of salt.
- Chopped parsley (optional)
- Get a pan and melt the butter over medium heat.
- Throw in the garlic, cream, pepper, and salt. Leave to simmer.
- Keep the heat steady and prevent the mixture from boiling.
- Add the cheese and continue to let the sauce simmer. Do this for about eight minutes or until it thickens.
- While the sauce is cooking, bring some water to a boil and add the pasta.
- Cook the pasta for ten minutes or until it’s soft enough and proceed to drain it.
- Combine the pasta with the Alfredo sauce properly.
- Garnish with some chopped parsley.
- This recipe is perfect for a quick dinner, it is creamy and delicious. This is for two to three servings.
To keep Olive Garden Alfredo fresh for long, it should be frozen at 0 degrees F. Whenever you’re ready to eat it, just follow any of the methods and you’ll have great results. It’s best to consume it within three months in the freezer.
Reheating your pasta does not have to be a hassle, and now you can even make some at home. Avoid reheating Alfredo twice as this can cause food poisoning. Reheat only what you need and enjoy.