What are fish and chips? They aren’t what you think, fish sticks and potato chips. Fish and chips are popular in Britain, where they call french fries chips. The fish itself is usually a white flakey ocean fish, such as cod that is dipped in batter and fried.
People from Britain would scoff at reheating fish and chips. They would say that they must be enjoyed fresh, and there is no way to reheat them. This is because people in Britain are a little snobby with fish and chips. Fish and chips can be enjoyed as leftovers, so long as you know how to reheat them.
Reheat your fish and chips in the microwave if you are lazy and don’t care about how soggy they are. The conventional oven is a good way to reheat them, but it is a waste of energy. The toaster oven is the ideal way to reheat your fish and chips.
If you are feeling adventurous and have the appliance, try reheating your fish and chips in the airfryer.
Reheating Fish and Chips in the Microwave
The British would scoff at this method, and rightly so. Your fish and chips will end up soggy and unappetizing. But perhaps you only have a bit of time to eat at the mega store where you work, and there is only a microwave provided to heat your food.
Make sure the microwave is clean. The people at work who use the microwave oven are pigs and they never clean it out. You have been guilty of the same thing, overboiling your cup of noodles and leaving an enormous mess of noodles and vegetables on the walls and ceiling of the microwave. The mess left in the microwave can affect the flavor of your reheated fish and chips.
Steps to Reheat your Fish and Chips in the Microwave Oven
- Find a microwave safe plate.
- Put a sheet of paper towel on the plate.
- Put the fish and chips on the paper towel.
- Cover the fish and chips with another sheet of paper towel.
- Microwave on high for one minute.
- If the fish and chips have not fully heated, microwave them for another 30 seconds.
- Take the fish and chips out of the microwave.
- Enjoy with catsup and tartar sauce.
Reheating Fish and Chips in the Conventional Oven
The conventional oven is a good option to reheat your fish and chips. However, the oven is big and complicated to use. One time I accidentally set the oven to broil to reheat my fish and chips and I started a fire that was difficult to put out. I lost my eyebrows and my eyelashes attempting to put out the fire.
Be sure to have a fire extinguisher handy at all times when reheating fried foods, such as fish and chips. The oil in the fish easily burns and can be a hazard. Ask your mom if you don’t know how to use the fire extinguisher.
Steps to Reheat Your Fish and Chips in the Conventional Oven
- Preheat the oven to 420 degrees.
- Find a baking sheet.
- Line the baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Put the fish and chips on the aluminum foil, making sure that the pieces do not touch each other.
- Put the fish and chips in the oven.
- Reheat for 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, remove the top layer of aluminum foil.
- Reheat for another 3 minutes.
- The fish and chips are done when they are sizzling, and the color has turned more golden.
- Enjoy with a fine white wine.
How to Reheat Fish and Chips in the Toaster Oven
The toaster oven is the most efficient way to reheat your fish and chips. The toaster oven is small and easy to use. Cleaning a toaster oven is a lot easier than cleaning a conventional oven. You have successfully made toast in the toaster oven before. Have confidence that you can use it to reheat your fish and chips.
Steps to Reheat Your Fish and Chips in the Toaster Oven
- Line the toaster tray with aluminum foil.
- Put the fish and chips on the toaster tray. Be sure that they are not touching each other.
- Put aluminum foil over the fish and chips.
- Set the toaster to bake at 420 degrees.
- Put the toaster tray in the toaster oven.
- Press start.
- Reheat the fish and chips for 3 minutes.
- Remove the top layer of aluminum foil.
- Reheat the fish and chips for another 3 minutes.
- Your fish and chips are done when you can hear them sizzle and they have gotten crispy.
- Enjoy with your favorite beverage, such as chocolate milk.
Fish and chips make a hearty meal, and despite the traditionalist’s reservations, you can reheat them. Reheat your fish and chips in the microwave if you don’t have any other options. Your fish and chips will be soggy and unappetizing. If you want to reheat fish and chips, you can use the conventional oven or the toaster oven. The fish will be hot and flakey with a crispy batter coating. The chips will be perfect with catsup.