If you’ve found yourself with some leftover apple pie, no need to worry! There are a few quick and easy methods for getting it warm and delicious again. There’s nothing more satisfying than a warm slice of apple pie and a cold scoop of ice cream.
There are a few methods available to you to reheat your apple pie. The best method would be to heat it in the oven. However, you can also use the microwave, the stovetop, and even the air fryer.
All of the above methods have their different advantages and disadvantages. However, you’ll undoubtedly be able to find one that works best for you and your timeframe. You’ll be enjoying your slice of pie in no time!
How To Reheat Apple Pie In The Oven
It should come as no surprise that this is going to be the best way to reheat your pie. Since pie is baked in the oven originally, it makes sense to reheat it using the oven as well. The oven will leave you with a crisp crust that’s incredibly satisfying to bite into.
The disadvantage to this method is that it takes the longest amount of time. First, you have to wait for your oven to preheat. Then you have to wait around 20 minutes for your pie to heat all the way through.
To Reheat Your Apple Pie In The Oven, You’ll Need To:
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place your apple pie onto a baking sheet or into an oven-safe dish.
- Wrap your pie up with aluminum foil.
- Heat your pie for 15-20 minutes, or until warmed through.
The baking time is assuming you have the standard 9-inch pie. If you have a larger variety, simply increase the baking time.
- Check to ensure that your pie is reheated through to the center.
Be careful when doing this step. It is best to use some type of skewer or even a knife to test the center of the pie to see if it’s warm. Don’t touch the middle of the pie or you may burn your finger.
- Allow your pie to cool down before digging in.
Reheating A Frozen Apple Pie Or A Single Slice Of Apple Pie
If you’re reheating a frozen pie, you can follow the above steps but bake the pie for a longer period. It could potentially take up to 30-35 minutes to reheat your pie in the oven. Check the center of the pie and then remove it from the oven once it’s warm in the middle.
If you’re reheating a single slice of pie, follow the above steps but check the pie after 5-6 minutes. It won’t take as long for the slice to become adequately warm. You could also opt to use a toaster oven if you’re only reheating one slice of apple pie.
How To Reheat Apple Pie In The Microwave
Unsurprisingly, this is the quickest method for reheating your apple pie. This option does come with some disadvantages. But if you don’t feel like heating your entire oven, this will be a great option for you.
This method won’t allow the crust to become crispy again. However, you’ll still have a delicious slice of dessert in under 5 minutes! That’s hard to beat.
Note: This method works best for a slice of pie or a small section of the pie. You won’t get the best results by placing an entire pie into the microwave. It may get soggy and could change the texture.
To Reheat Your Apple Pie In The Microwave, You’ll Need To:
- First, place your piece of apple pie onto a microwave-safe plate.
Important: If your pie is in a metal tin, make sure to remove it. It is very unsafe and dangerous to heat metal in the microwave.
- Heat your pie in intervals of 45 seconds or until the pie is heated through.
- Give your piece of pie a couple of minutes to cool before eating.
You can check to see if your pie is heated through properly by sticking a knife into the filling. This will give you a good indication of whether or not the pie is warm or still cool. Overall, this is a great method to try if you’re in a pinch.
How To Reheat Apple Pie On The Stovetop
This method works best for smaller sections of pie, as opposed to a whole one. You’ll need a heavy-bottomed pan, like a cast iron, for this to work best.
If you don’t want to heat your oven or you don’t have a microwave, this is a great choice. You’ll still be able to have a delicious warm slice of pie to enjoy. Just remember to keep an eye on the stove while your pie is warming.
To Reheat Your Apple Pie On The Stove, You’ll Need To:
- 1. Begin by lightly greasing a cast iron pan and cutting yourself a desired section of the pie.
- 2. Heat the pan over low to medium heat. You don’t want to use high heat for this. The bottom of the crust may burn if the skillet becomes too hot.
- 3. Place your slice of pie into the pan and cover it if you have a lid.
- 4. Allow the pie to warm for a few minutes before removing the lid again.
- 5. Give the pie another minute or two to allow the bottom crust to crisp up.
- 6. Remove the pie from the pan once it’s been heated all the way through.
- 7. Allow your pie a minute to cool before enjoying.
This method is a bit more involved, but it can be a good way to reheat your pie. You’ll be left with an irresistible piece of warm apple pie with a crispy bottom. Just add some ice cream and you’re good to go!
How To Reheat Your Apple Pie In The Air Fryer
Do you have access to an air fryer? Great! You can use it to reheat your apple pie. This is a quick and easy method that doesn’t compromise quality the way the microwave does.
However, you should keep in mind that air frying works best for smaller pieces of pie. If you need to reheat an entire pie, the oven is still your best option.
To Reheat Your Apple Pie In The Air Fryer, You’ll Need To:
- 1. Start by heating your air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2. Wrap your pie slice up with aluminum foil. (This contains the heat and also will keep your pie from drying out.)
- 3. Place the pie into the basket of the air fryer.
- 4. Warm the piece of pie until it is heated through, about 6-7 minutes.
- 5. Remove your pie from the basket and allow it to cool before you try to eat it.
This is a great option if you happen to have an air fryer. You get the crispy crust similar to the oven method as well as the convenience of the microwave.
There are so many great ways to enjoy your apple pie! The above methods would work for other varieties of pie as well. You can enjoy reheated pumpkin, pecan, or even sweet potato pie.
All of the above methods will leave you with a delicious piece of reheated apple pie. You can choose to eat it plain or with a scoop of your favorite vanilla ice cream. Either way, you’ll be glad you went through the extra effort of reheating it instead of eating it cold.
You can choose to reheat your apple pie using the oven, the stove, the microwave, or even the air fryer! These are three great methods to choose from, and they all will provide you with delicious results.