Twice-baked potatoes are a favorite of many people. They’re creamy, cheesy, and delicious. However, you may be wondering how to reheat them so you can enjoy them again the next day.
Luckily, there are a few options for reheating your leftover twice-baked potato. While some options are better than others, they’ll all work. Whether you have 20 minutes or 1 minute, you’ll be able to sit down and enjoy your baked potato.
You can choose to reheat your twice-baked potato in the oven, the microwave, the air fryer, or even on the grill. Surely you’ll be able to find a method that suits you and is convenient for your schedule.
How Long Do Twice-Baked Potatoes Last?
Once they’re refrigerated, twice-baked potatoes will last 3-5 days in the refrigerator. Any longer than this and you may want to consider discarding them. Unfortunately, baked potatoes don’t freeze well and will form a different texture after being frozen.
Before you refrigerate your leftover potato, you’ll want to allow it to cool completely. You can choose to wrap it in aluminum foil or seal it into a plastic container. Foil is ideal as it forms a tighter seal on the potato.
How to Reheat Twice-Baked Potatoes in the Oven
While this method may take a bit of extra time, the resulting potato will be of better quality. The oven will allow the skin of the potato to crisp up. It will also keep the filling soft and warm.
- 1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2. Place your twice-baked potato on a baking sheet. (You can do multiple at once with this method)
- 3. Bake the potatoes for 12-15 minutes or until they’re heated through.
You can opt to add more cheese to the tops of the potatoes before baking and it will melt while reheating. The oven method is great if you have multiple potatoes you need to reheat. Just space them out on the same baking sheet.
How to Reheat Twice-Baked Potatoes in the Microwave
If you want your leftover twice-baked potato on your plate quickly, then the microwave is the best option. While you may not end up with crispy skin, your potato will still be reheated and delicious.
- 1. Place your twice-baked potato on a microwave-safe plate or dish.
- 2. Add a splash of water to the dish, to ensure the potato doesn’t dry out in the microwave.
- 3. Microwave for increments of 60 seconds on high.
- 4. Check the potato with a knife to see if it’s properly reheated.
- 5. If not, return to the microwave for 10-15 seconds.
You may find that it’s difficult to evenly heat the potato in the microwave. Once the outside is hot, the middle may still be just warm or room temperature. Through a little trial and error, you should be able to get a fully reheated potato with this method.
How to Reheat Twice-Baked Potatoes in the Air Fryer
The air fryer combines the convenience of the microwave, with the results of the oven. You don’t have to wait as long as the oven, but you still get the crispy potato skin. You’ll want to make sure that you remove the foil from your potato before air frying it.
- 1. Heat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2. Place the potato into the basket of the air fryer.
- 3. Warm the twice-baked potato for 3-5 minutes or until they’re fully reheated.
- 4. Remove the potato from the basket and enjoy.
This method isn’t great for reheating several potatoes at once, as there’s limited space in the basket. However, you can get one or two potatoes done relatively quickly. Add on a minute or two at the end if you want a crispier potato skin.
How to Reheat Twice-Baked Potatoes on the Grill
If you find yourself grilling steaks anyway, you may want to just throw on the leftover twice-baked potatoes. This can be a very convenient method if you already have the grill going.
For this method, you can feel free to leave the potato wrapped up in aluminum foil. This will help it contain some moisture so that it doesn’t get overly dry.
- 1. Toss a few wrapped twice-baked potatoes onto a cooler area of the grill.
- 2. Give them 10-15 minutes and flip them over halfway through.
- 3. Remove them from the grill and carefully unwrap the aluminum foil.
You can easily make twice-baked potatoes in advance and then reheat them using this method. The potatoes can be delicious with any number of grilled meats and vegetables.
You have multiple options to choose from when it comes to reheating your twice-baked potatoes. They’re all relatively convenient and easy if you follow through with the steps. You can have a crispy potato with melted cheese if you choose the oven or the air fryer.
The microwave will be the quickest option but may leave you with less than desirable results. The grill can be another great choice if you already have it going. There’s no reason to heat the grill just to reheat your potatoes.