We all know the familiar craving for a delicious Chick-Fil-A chicken sandwich. What if the craving strikes on a Sunday and the chain is closed for business? Well, you could always just buy an extra one on Saturday and reheat it the following day.
To reheat your delicious chicken sandwich, you can use the microwave, the oven, or even the air fryer. You can even reheat it on the stovetop if that’s your preference.
Choose which option best suits you and you’re sure to have a yummy reheated Chick-Fil-A sandwich. Now, your only question should be whether you want an original or a spicy chicken sandwich.
How to Store a Chick-Fil-A Sandwich
Before you go about reheating your sandwich, it’s important to know how to properly store it in the first place. You’ll want to remove the pickles first and any other toppings before refrigerating your sandwich. Leaving these on may cause your sandwich to become too moist and the bread to get soggy.
Store the ingredients separately in sealed containers. You’ll also want to ensure you keep any sauces on the side, as this can cause the bread to become soggy as well.
How to Reheat a Chick-Fil-A Sandwich in the Microwave
If you need a quick lunch, the microwave will be your best friend. You won’t have many dishes to clean up afterward and you can be enjoying your chicken sandwich in minutes.
- Place your chicken on a microwave-safe plate.
- Heat the chicken for 1-2 minutes or until warmed all the way through.
- Microwave the bun for another 15-20 seconds.
- Assemble the sandwich with the separated toppings (pickles, tomato, lettuce, etc.)
- Enjoy your sandwich!
It’s important to keep the bun out of the microwave until the very end of the heating cycle. The bread could become hard or chewy if you heated it for too long. The chicken is the piece that will require the longest heating time.
How to Reheat a Chick-Fil-A Sandwich in the Oven
This method is great if you’re trying to reheat multiple sandwiches at once. It will also ensure your chicken gets its crispiness back, so you can enjoy the crunch when you take a bite. If you want your sandwich to taste fresh again, the oven is your best bet.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place your chicken on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Heat the chicken for 5-10 minutes, depending on how many pieces you’re reheating.
- Add the buns into the oven for the last 2-3 minutes, to ensure they don’t burn.
- Remove the baking sheet and assemble your sandwiches with the removed cold toppings.
- Eat the sandwich immediately for best results and quality.
The oven is a great way to crisp up chicken and bread again, but it will take a bit longer than the microwave method. Overall, the oven is a solid method for reheating a sandwich.
How to Reheat a Chick-Fil-A Sandwich in the Air Fryer
The air fryer works best for heating the chicken up. It will crisp up the exterior layer while keeping the center moist and delicious.
- Heat your air fryer to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place your chicken into the air fryer basket.
- Air fry the chicken for 8-10 minutes or until properly heated.
- Remove the chicken and assemble your sandwich before eating.
Unfortunately, air frying your bun could lead to burnt or dried-out bread. To avoid this, it’s best to toast your bun separately. You can do this in a regular toaster or even on the stovetop with a bit of butter.
How to Reheat a Chick-Fil-A Sandwich on the Stovetop
If you prefer to use the stove, then you can heat your chicken and your bun separately. This ensures the chicken gets enough time to become properly heated. You may want to brush a bit of butter onto the bun so that it gets nice and crispy as it heats.
- Heat a small amount of neutral oil in your pan.
- Place in your chicken and pan-fry on each side for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and place the buns into the pan.
- Cook buns for 60-90 seconds or until golden brown.
- Remove the buns and begin assembling your sandwich, adding on the pickles and other condiments.
- Enjoy your sandwich while it’s warm!
This is an easy way to reheat your sandwich, as you only need to use one pan. You can regain some crispiness on the chicken by using a bit of oil. Cooking the bun in the pan after the chicken ensures it becomes crispy and golden.
If you’ve found yourself craving Chick-Fil-A on a Sunday, you can always pick up an extra sandwich. Chicken sandwiches reheat well, without a significant loss in moisture. The chicken shouldn’t dry out if you store it in the fridge for a day or two.
You can opt to use the microwave for a quick heating process. You can use the oven or the air fryer for a higher-quality reheated sandwich. No matter which option you choose, you’ll be enjoying your leftover chicken sandwich soon enough.
It’s important to store the cold toppings, such as the pickles, lettuce, or tomato, separately. These can lead to a soggy bun and nobody wants that! You’ll also want to keep all sauces and dips on the side for the same reason.