Burgers and a side of delicious french fries are an American staple that is enjoyed in many ways. Whether it’s at a barbecue or a nice restaurant, these two go together like peanut butter and jelly. You can’t have one without the other.
A burger and fries can be consumed by adults and young children alike, serving for a delicious and filling meal. This combination can be consumed for both lunch and dinner, making it ideal to keep on hand.
If you find yourself with a burger and some fries that didn’t get eaten, don’t let them go to waste. These leftovers can be saved for later and enjoyed in the same delicious state you originally had them served to you in.
Reheating a burger and fries is fast, simple and produces delicious results. A burger and fries can both be reheated in the microwave, oven, toaster oven or air fryer. All methods will produce that juicy burger that you love and fries with the perfect crisp.
If you ever find yourself with a delicious burger and side of fries that isn’t quite as warm as you would like it to be, be sure to save it for later. If you have a leftover meal of a burger and fries that got cold before you were able to eat it, make sure to save it to be reheated later whenever the craving for more mouthwatering food may hit you.
How To Reheat Your Burger
Reheating a burger is a simple and fast way to bring it back to life when you are craving a delicious, hardy meal either at home or on the go. All methods listed will easily reheat your burger while preserving quality, taste and texture.
Choosing which method you want to use will depend on how much time you have to reheat and how many burgers you are planning on preparing.
Some methods such as the oven are better for reheating many burgers at once and preserving quality, while methods like the microwave are better for heating up a burger when you are in a rush.
No matter how you choose to reheat your burger, it is important to remove all fresh ingredients such as tomatoes, lettuce and other produce to keep it as fresh as possible. Your burger can be reassembled with these ingredients after reheating.
Reheating Your Burger In The Oven
The oven is a simple method that can be used to reheat your burger. This method is best when you are looking to reheat more than one or two burgers at once given how many you can fit inside of the oven.
The oven is highly recommended since it preserves the quality of your burger and does not yield a soggy bun. The only drawback of using a conventional oven for reheating a burger is that it does take up a bit of time.
If you have chosen to reheat your burger in the oven, follow these steps:
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees fahrenheit.
- Remove all fresh produce ingredients from your burger and put them aside.
- Wrap the burger loosely in aluminum foil to help maintain quality.
- Place your wrapped burger directly onto the oven rack.
- Allow your burger to cook for about five minutes. Be careful not to overcook.
- Remove the burger carefully and unwrap it.
- Reassemble the burger with the produce added back in..
- Serve and enjoy your delicious, mouthwatering burger!
Reheating Your Burger In The Toaster Oven
If you don’t feel like heating up your oven to reheat your fast food burger, try using the toaster oven. This method is identical to using the oven and the preheating process when using a toaster oven is slightly faster because of its smaller size.
The only drawback of the toaster oven reheating method is only being able to heat one or two burgers at once. If you are looking to do more than that, this method may not be the most efficient one to use.
Reheating a burger in the toaster oven is quick and easy, taking just a few minutes of your time to complete. Here’s how:
- Preheat your toaster oven to 250 degrees fahrenheit.
- Remove all fresh produce ingredients that you will add back on after reheating.
- Wrap your burger loosely in aluminum foil and place directly onto the toaster oven rack.
- Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove the burger from the toaster oven and unwrap it, allowing it to cool for about two minutes.
- Replace all produce ingredients back onto the burger and dig in!
Reheating Your Burger In The Microwave
If you are looking to reheat your fast food burger as quickly as possible, the microwave method is the one for you. Microwaving allows you to reheat your burger in minimal time while still preserving the delicious masterpiece you ordered earlier.
This method is best for when you are in a rush as it can impact quality. But if you need to reheat your fast food burger as fast as possible and don’t have access to a toaster oven, this is the method for you.
To reheat your fast food burger in the microwave, simply:
- Remove all fresh ingredients from your burger such as lettuce, tomatoes, pickles and other produce.
- Leave the paper wrapper on your burger.
- Place your burger on a microwave safe dish or paper towel.
- Heat on high power level for 35 seconds.
- Do not overheat as this will compromise the quality of some ingredients on your burger.
- Replace fresh produce ingredients on your burger and allow to cool for one minute before enjoying.
Reheating A Burger In An Air Fryer
If you have an air fryer in your kitchen, consider using it to reheat your burger. Air fryers are not only great for preparing food, they are one of the best ways to reheat food that has already been cooked.
To do so, you will need to remove the patty from the rest of the ingredients and reheat it by itself. If you want the bun warmed up as well, this can easily be done in the toaster oven.
While this method is a great, simple way to reheat your burger, it is not so ideal for reheating more than one at a time given the relatively small space inside of an air fryer. If you plan to reheat more than one burger at a time, consider trying a different method.
If you are planning to reheat your burger in an air fryer, follow these steps:
- Turn your air fryer on and set it to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Remove the patty from the rest of the ingredients and place it inside of the air fryer.
- Cook for about 2 to 4 minutes.
- If you are wanting warmed buns, place them in the toaster oven.
- Set toaster oven to toast settings and cook for three minutes
- Remove both the patty and buns and reassemble your burger.
How To Reheat Your Fries
Reheating fries is a very simple process that can also be done using the same methods you would to reheat a burger. Fries do reheat faster than a burger, so it is important to note the differences in the process.
Some methods are better for reheating large quantities of fries, while others are better for when you are in a time crunch. Be sure to keep in mind how many fires you are planning to reheat and how much time you have to spend doing so when choosing which method you will use.
Reheating Fries In The Oven
One great thing about reheating fries in the oven is that you can put them inside along with the burger you are reheating. In addition, reheating fries in the oven helps maintain that crispy outside and soft center we all know and love.
The oven is a great way to reheat a large batch of fries or small batch, but it does consume the most time. If you are in a time crunch, consider using a different method.
To reheat fries in the oven:
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees fahrenheit.
- Cover a baking sheet large enough to fit your portion of fries with oil.
- Place the fries on the baking sheet and drizzle or brush additional oil on top of them.
- Cook inside of the oven for five to ten minutes, until slightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow them to cool for one minute before serving.
Reheating Fries In The Toaster Oven
Reheating fries in the toaster oven is almost an identical process to reheating them in the oven, except that it does not take as long to preheat. This method yields the same delicious, crispy fries in a fraction of the time.
It’s important to note that while you will save some time when using the toaster oven, you cannot reheat the same amount of fries as you could when using the oven. If you are planning to reheat a large batch of fries, the toaster oven is not the best method to do so.
To reheat fries in the toaster oven, follow these steps:
- Preheat the toaster oven to 250 degrees fahrenheit.
- Cover a baking sheet that is small enough to fit inside of your toaster oven with oil.
- Place the fries on the baking sheet and drizzle or brush additional oil on top of them.
- Cook inside of the toaster oven for five to ten minutes, until slightly golden brown.
- Remove from the toaster oven and allow them to cool for one minute before serving.
Reheating Fries In The Microwave
Reheating french fries in the microwave is a fairly straightforward and simple task that can be completed in a matter of minutes. This method is ideal for both small and large quantities of french fries alike.
Using this method to reheat french fries is great for when you are in a rush or trying to eat on the go. If you have some leftover french fries and a burger from lunch that have become cold, heating them up in the microwave at your workplace is a great way to bring them back to life before enjoying them.
Fries can also be reheated in the microwave alongside your burger, saving you some time. To do so:
- Lightly cover the french fries in vegetable oil.
- Place them onto some dry paper towels to reduce the amount of moisture and oil in the fries when they are being reheated.
- Place the french fries and paper towels onto a microwave safe dish and into the microwave.
- Heat them for ten minutes on the medium power level to avoid becoming mushy and less enjoyable.
- Remove the french fries from the microwave and take the paper towels off of the plate.
- Evenly spread the french fries on the plate and allow them to cool for 2-3 minutes before serving.
- Once your french fries have cooled, feel free to dip them into your favorite sauce and enjoy.
This method yields delicious french fries within a matter of minutes that don’t lack that texture or taste everyone loves.
Microwaves vary greatly, so consider stopping the french fries halfway through to move them around and check how warm they are. If they are not thoroughly heated, continue cooking for the recommended time.
Reheating Fries In An Air Fryer
Once again, an air fryer is great for reheating food of all types including fries. This method keeps that crispiness intact during the reheating process and only takes a few minutes to complete.
The air fryer is likely not the best method for reheating a large batch of fries given its relatively small size. If you are looking to reheat a big portion of fries, consider using a different method such as the oven.
To reheat fries in an air fryer:
- Place the fries into the basket of the airfryer.
- Set to 400 degrees fahrenheit and begin cooking.
- After two minutes of cooking, shake the air fryer basket to shift the fries around and ensure even cooking.
- Cook for an additional three minutes.
- Remove and allow the fries to cool for one minute before enjoying.
How To Store A Burger And Fries Before Reheating
Properly storing a burger and fries between the time they are made and when you plan to reheat them is essential. This will make sure they don’t spoil or become unsafe to consume.
Do not leave a burger and fries out at room temperature for longer than two hours without properly storing them. After two hours, they can pick up unwanted bacteria that may lead to food-borne illnesses.
To properly store a burger and fries to be reheated later, you can place them in either the freezer or the refrigerator. Which one you choose will depend on how long you are planning to store them.
When storing in the refrigerator, place the burger and fries into an airtight container or resealable plastic bag with all of the excess air removed. Place inside of the refrigerator and reheat within three to four days.
If you want to store your burger and fries for longer than that, consider using the freezer to do so. When freezing a burger and fries, palace them into an airtight container or resealable plastic bag with all excess air removed. Store inside of the freezer for up to one month before reheating.
A burger and fries are a match made in heaven. This combination is savory, salty, juicy and nothing short of delicious, which is why it is such a popular meal all over the country.
If you find yourself with a burger and fries that need to be reheated, there are a variety of methods you can choose from to do so. The oven, toaster oven, microwave and air fryer will all get the job done in no time.
When choosing which method you want to use, be sure to keep in mind the portion size you are planning to reheat and how long you are able to spend doing so. Some methods are unable to reheat large portions at once, and some will take more time than others.
Be sure to properly store your burger and fries to prevent them from becoming unsafe to eat. This can safely be done in the refrigerator or freezer.
No matter how you choose to reheat your burger and fries, they will be just as delicious as when you first ordered them. Give each method a try to find out which one you like the best!