If you do not know how to make a tuna sandwich, you must be in a state of nutritional deficiency. A tuna sandwich is one of the easiest things to make, is inexpensive and is very nutritious. Read this brief explanation on how to make a tuna sandwich, and your stomach will thank you.
A tuna sandwich comprises a minimum of three ingredients: tuna, mayonnaise, and pickle relish. You can add just about any fresh vegetable to your tuna as you can think of, so long as you finely chop them. Select any sandwich bread you want. They all will be delicious with a creamy layer of tuna.
How to Prepare the Tuna
You can make this as simple or as complicated as you want. The simple route is to use a can of tuna, mayonnaise and pickle relish. Another way to serve your tuna is to make it into a salad. A tuna salad sandwich is another way to call a tuna sandwich.
The Things you will Need to Prepare Your Tuna Sandwich
- A clean surface
- A can of tuna. Tuna comes packed in spring water or vegetable oil. Both are delicious. The tuna packed in water has fewer calories. The tuna packed in oil will make a richer tuna mixture, but has more calories.
- A jar of mayonnaise
- Pickle relish. It doesn’t matter if the pickle relish is sweet or dill, both are delicious on a tuna sandwich.
- A loaf of sandwich bread. The type of bread is up to your preference. Many breads make a perfect tuna sandwich. Be sure that the bread is as fresh as possible.
- An ordinary table knife. If you have a plastic knife, you can avoid cleanup.
- A can opener. You can use a manual can opener or an electric one. Whichever you have and whichever you know how to use the best.
- A paper towel for cleaning up.
- A plate for serving. You can use a regular plate but you will have to clean it afterwards. A paper plate will require no cleanup.
The Steps You Will Take to Prepare Your Tuna Sandwich
- Wipe the surface where you will prepare the tuna sandwich.
- Open the can of tuna. Use the top of the can to strain the oil or water from the tuna.
- Put the tuna in a bowl. If you don’t want to make a mess, you can keep the tuna in the can for the following steps.
- Put one heaping tablespoon of mayonnaise into the tuna.
- Put one regular tablespoon of pickle relish into the tuna.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Put two pieces of sandwich bread onto your serving plate.
- Scoop 2-3 spoonfuls onto the bread. Spread out evenly with a knife.
- Put the top piece of bread on the sandwich.
- Let your stomach delight in a freshly made tuna sandwich.
Tuna Salad Sandwich Instructions
A tuna salad sandwich takes the basic tuna made previously but includes a wide variety of vegetables and other items. You can put just about anything in a tuna salad that you would put in an ordinary salad.
The Things You Will Need to Make Your Tuna Salad Sandwich
- The base tuna mix you made in the previous section.
- Red Onion
- Green or Red Pepper
- Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper.
- A bowl
- A sharp knife for cutting vegetables.
- A paper towel for cleanup.
How to Prepare Your Tuna Salad Sandwich
- Finely chop one small carrot.
- Finely chop one stick of celery.
- Finely chop one fourth of a red onion.
- Finely chop one fourth of a green or red pepper.
- Put all the chopped ingredients in a bowl.
- Add a splash of lemon juice.
- Salt and Pepper to taste. Use less salt because the tuna is salty.
- Put the tuna mixture made using the previous instructions in the bowl.
- Mix thoroughly,
- Put a leaf or two of lettuce on the bread.
- Put about 2-3 heaping tablespoons of the tuna salad on the bread.
- Level off the tuna salad with a knife.
- Put the other slice of bread on the sandwich.
- Enjoy a healthy and delicious tuna salad sandwich.
A Tuna Sandwich Using Fresh Tuna?
Why not try making the above recipe using fresh tuna? Thaw the tuna that you surely have stored in your freezer. Cook it on medium heat for five minutes per side. Let it cool. Shred the tuna with a fork. And then use the fresh shredded tuna in the recipe above.
You can make a simple tuna sandwich using only a can of tuna, mayonnaise, and pickle relish. For a more sumptuous meal, make your tuna sandwich with tuna salad. Get all the nutritional goodness of salad with protein from the tuna. Advanced cooks can try to make tuna salad with fresh tuna.