Have you ever had hot dogs for supper and thought you wanted two but only ended up eating one? What do you do with the other fully-dressed hot dog?
You do not want to throw out a perfect hot dog, do you? You can reheat your hot dog later using one of the many methods below. Whether you use the grill, the oven, or another method, that is up to you.
How To Buy the Best Hot Dogs
Buying the best hot dogs is the first step to having a tasty hot dog. The best hot dogs are up to personal preference, though you may want to consider uncured. A healthier option would be uncured hot dogs due to no added nitrates or nitrites. 100% beef hot dogs.
If you like a pleasing snap when biting your hot dog, buy hot dogs with natural casings. If you prefer not to have a snap when biting into your hot dog, you could go for no-casing hot dogs.
How to Reheat Hot Dogs
How can you reheat your hot dog? Whether you prefer using the microwave or the grill to heat your hot dog, all heating methods are relatively similar. Lucky for you, there are several options for reheating.
You can try all of the reheating techniques to find your favorite way. There are so many methods it is difficult to pick one favorite reheating style. You want to guarantee that you buy good hot dogs and reheat them correctly.
Another thing to mention is that you should research the best method of reheating your specific hot dogs. Some hot dogs have casings, some have none, and some are artificial casings.
How to Reheat Hot Dogs in the Microwave
The quickest reheating approach is in the microwave. A microwave is a device that often comes in handy for reheating food. Many people will prefer this method as it takes little effort or time. This method is ideal for those late-night suppers where you do not feel like cooking and you want to eat food immediately.
Follow the subsequent steps to learn how to reheat your hot dog in your microwave:
- Prepare your hot dogs.
- Scrape off any toppings or sauces and remove the hot dog from the bun. You can set your bun aside for the time being.
- Wrap your hot dogs.
- Next, you can wrap your hot dogs in a damp paper towel to avoid losing moisture. No one likes dry, hot dogs.
- Set your hot dog on a microwave-safe plate.
- Ensure your plate is microwave safe to prevent issues when reheating.
- Heat your hot dog.
- For best results, you should reheat your hot dogs individually.
- Reheat your hot dogs in 15-second intervals, flipping them halfway through to ensure even reheating.
- Warm your bun.
- Lastly, you can warm your bun for roughly 20 to 30 seconds.
- Serve warm.
- Place your reheated hot dog in your warm bun, and replace any toppings and condiments.
Reheating hot dogs in the microwave is the simplest way of reheating your hot dogs. Try the microwave next time you need to reheat your hot dogs!
How to Reheat Hot Dogs on the Stovetop
Another reheating method for hot dogs is on your stovetop. You can do the stovetop method in 5 simple steps in under 15 minutes! Another quick and easy method you can use to reheat your hot dogs. Although this method may be more harmful to your health than other reheating methods, it does make your hot dogs tasty!
Frying anything, including hot dogs, in oil or butter, is never a healthy option due to all the unsaturated fats. Unsaturated fats can be harmful to your heart and arteries.
Look at the following steps to learn how to reheat your hot dogs on your stovetop:
- Heat Some Fat
- First, melt a tablespoon of butter or cooking oil in your frying pan over medium heat. Once your butter or oil starts to sizzle, lower the heat to medium-low.
- Arrange Your Hot Dogs
- Carefully arrange your hot dogs in your frying pan. Be careful, as the oil can quickly burn you.
- Do not let your hot dogs touch each other, as they can stick to each other.
- Let your hot dogs cook for roughly 2 to 3 minutes per side. Ensure you turn your hot dogs to prevent burning.
- Pat Dry
- Your hot dogs may have a bit of excess oil. Use paper towels or napkins to pat away the extra grease.
- After you cook your hot dogs and pat them dry, you can serve them immediately.
Talk about simple. The stovetop approach could be straightforward for you to use the next time you want to reheat your hot dog.
How to Reheat Hot Dogs in the Oven
Another common way of reheating hot dogs is in the oven. This method may be longer than other methods due to preparation. However, it could be one of the tastier ways! The oven can give your hot dogs a crispy finish that is to die for.
Follow the following measures to learn how to reheat your hot dogs in the oven:
- Preheat The Oven.
- First, preheat your oven to 400°F or 205°C.
- Arrange Hot Dogs.
- Place a rack inside a baking sheet—Line the baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy cleanup.
- Arrange your hot dogs in a single layer across the rack on the baking sheet.
- Cover With Tin Foil
- Next, cover the entire baking sheet in aluminum foil to keep in the moisture; this will prevent your hot dogs from drying out.
- 1st Reheat
- You can warm your hot dogs for roughly 5 to 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove the foil for your 2nd Reheat.
- 2nd Reheat
- Put the baking sheet containing the hot dogs back into the oven and heat for 5 minutes.
- If you wish for dryer hot dogs with less moisture, you can skip covering your hot dogs with foil.
- Place your buns in the oven at this time if you would like a warm bun.
- Lastly, you can serve your hot dogs. The best part! Serve with your favorite dipping sauce, such as ketchup or mustard.
Though more complex than other reheating methods, the oven could be perfect for reheating your hot dogs.
Reheating Hot Dogs by Grilling Them
One of the most common ways of preparing hot dogs is on the grill. This method will give you a crispy and smoky flavored finish every time. Try this method at your next neighborhood barbecue!
Your hot dogs will have the perfect snap when you bite into them, as long as you have naturally cased hot dogs.
Follow these subsequent actions to get smoky and tasty hot dogs:
- Heat your grill with two areas, one hot side and one cooler side.
- If you use a charcoal grill, stack the coals on one side to create hot and cool zones.
- If you use a gas grill, set one side on medium to high heat and the other on low heat.
- Set your hot dogs on the hot zone of your grill perpendicular to the grate of your grill; this gives excellent grill marks.
- Watch your hot dogs closely, turning as needed. Hot dogs can quickly burn. It is recommended you monitor your hot dogs on the grill constantly.
- Once you have decent grill marks and your hot dogs are nicely browned, move them to the cooler side to finish cooking.
- Most hot dogs are pre-cooked, so you are looking to heat the hot dog thoroughly for your pleasure.
- Hot dogs usually take roughly 5 to 7 minutes on the grill, depending on the size of your hot dogs.
Try grilling hot dogs next time you have visitors over for a cookout! One of your best options for reheating your hot dog is on your grill. With a crispy, flavorful finished product, you will be satisfied.
Reheating Hot Dogs by Air Frying Them
The last method to reheating your hot dogs is in your air fryer. Air fryers have become trendy over the years. Their versatility makes them so popular. You can undoubtedly reheat your hot dogs in your air fryer; the best part is it takes under 10 minutes! Everyone loves a fast and convenient method.
Take a peek at the following steps to learn how to reheat your hot dog in the air fryer:
- Preheat your oven.
- First, preheat your air fryer to 350°F or 180°C.
- Arrange your hot dogs.
- Place your hot dogs in your air fryer basket, and ensure your hot dogs do not touch each other.
- Heat your hot dogs.
- Heat your hot dogs for roughly 3 to 4 minutes, flipping them halfway through.
- Once your hot dogs are warm, you can place your hot dog buns in the air fryer for about 30 seconds to achieve a lovely warm bun.
- Watch your hot dogs closely, as they can dry out quickly.
As expressed, you have several options for reheating your hot dogs. Whether you use the stovetop or the air fryer method, the choice is up to you and your preferences. No need to worry; you can reheat your hot dog in one of the many options. However, one of the better ways of reheating your hot dogs would be on the grill in terms of convenience and time.