If you’ve found yourself with some leftover twice-baked potatoes, you’re in for a delicious meal! These potatoes reheat very well and can be just as good as they were fresh from the oven. You can reheat your twice-baked potatoes in a variety of methods, as stated below.
You can reheat your potatoes in the oven and make them “thrice-baked” potatoes. You can also reheat them using the microwave if you’re in a pinch or the air-fryer for extra crispiness. All of these methods can be completed in under 15 minutes.
You’ll want to keep any extra toppings, such as green onion or sour cream, off of your potato while it’s reheating. You can add these on once the potato is finished. It’s best to keep these separate anyway when you’re storing your potato in the fridge.
How to Reheat Twice-Baked Potatoes in the Oven
Reheating your twice-baked potatoes in the oven is one of the best methods that you can choose. The potatoes were originally baked in the oven, after all. You’ll need to follow a few quick steps to be successful.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wrap your twice-baked potato in aluminum foil.
- Place your potato either directly on the rack or a baking tray.
- Heat the potato for up to 10 minutes.
- Remove the aluminum foil and broil the potato for 45-60 seconds.
- Turn the oven off and remove the potato before enjoying it.
If you want, you can opt to add a bit more cheese onto the potato before broiling. This can be a simple touch that makes the potato taste as good as it did before.
How to Reheat Twice-Baked Potatoes in the Microwave
This is unsurprisingly the quickest way to reheat your twice-baked potato. However, you will miss out on some of the crispiness that both the oven and air fryer provide. If you’re just looking for a quick snack, this is the best option for you.
- Place your twice-baked potato on a microwave-safe plate.
- Heat the potato for 1-2 minutes, depending on how large it is.
- Remove the potato from the microwave and allow it a minute to cool before eating.
You won’t get that crispy skin or the broiled cheese from this method. However, it’s quick and easy and that’s what matters sometimes.
Due to the steam that’s formed in a microwave, you may find that your potato is a bit soggy. To prevent this, you can place a paper towel over the potato before heating. This soaks up some of the excess moisture.
How to Reheat Twice-Baked Potatoes in the Air Fryer
The air fryer is magic when it comes to reheating a twice-baked potato. It allows the skin to crisp up without adding additional oil. It also makes the cheese topping a bit crispy, which many people enjoy.
- Heat your air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wrap your potato in aluminum foil before placing it into the air fryer basket.
- Air fry the potato for 5-8 minutes, before removing the foil.
- Heat the potato for another 1-2 minutes, adding extra cheese on top if desired.
- Remove the potato (carefully) from the basket before enjoying your meal.
You’ll find that the potato skin crisps up nicely, almost as good as it was the first time. The additional cheese will be melty and delicious as well. Any other toppings you desire, you can add on afterward while the potato is cooling.
An important note is to be careful when using aluminum foil in the air fryer. Ensure that you’re doing so properly, to avoid any unnecessary danger.
How to Reheat Twice-Baked Potatoes on the Grill
Nothing goes together as well as steak and potato. If you find yourself wanting to enjoy a juicy grilled steak with your twice-baked potato, then this is for you. You can simply throw the potatoes onto the grill to reheat them.
- Wrap your leftover twice-baked potato tightly in aluminum foil.
- Place the foil-wrapped potato onto a cooler section of the grill.
- Heat the potato for 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Unwrap the potato from the foil and add any additional cheese and toppings.
This is a convenient way to reheat your leftovers if you already have the grill fired up. If you aren’t grilling anything else, it isn’t the most efficient option, however.
How Long Will Twice-Baked Potatoes Last in the Fridge?
Potatoes will generally last in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days. However, it’s best to eat them the next day if you can. This will ensure they’re at peak quality for your enjoyment.
Unfortunately, twice-baked potatoes don’t freeze very well. Potatoes, in general, don’t stand up to freezing as well as other leftover foods do. The cold temperature changes the texture and can lead to a mushy potato.
When you go to store your twice-baked potatoes, you can extend the freshness by wrapping them in aluminum foil. This keeps the potatoes from drying out as it seals the moisture in.
Now that you know how to reheat your twice-baked potatoes, don’t worry about making a few extra! They take a bit of time and effort to make, so you may as well enjoy some leftovers. You can add any desired toppings, such as sour cream, chives, or extra cheese when you go to reheat them.
You have a few ways to choose from to reheat your potatoes. You can use the oven, the air fryer, or the microwave. All three of these methods will provide slightly different results but they are all effective.