Everyone loves homemade pizza, but not everyone has the time to go through the process of making pizza dough from scratch. Making a homemade pizza with store-bought dough is a quick and easy way to enjoy a delicious meal without having to spend hours making the dough yourself. With a wide variety of store-bought dough options available, you can choose from different types of crusts to suit your taste preferences.
From thin and crispy to thick and chewy crusts, the options are endless. With some basic ingredients and a little bit of creativity, you can create a delicious, custom pizza in no time. You also won’t have to worry about the expenses and various problems that often come with ordering delivery, which is definitely a plus in our book. Stick around for our best tips and tricks regarding how to make homemade pizza with store-bought dough.
Can I Use Store-Bought Dough for Homemade Pizza?
Some might say that if you use store-bought dough to make homemade pizza, it’s not technically homemade because you’re not making it from scratch. However, we’re not here to gatekeep anything — especially pizza. The answer is: yes, you can certainly use store-bought dough to make homemade pizza. Most grocery stores carry a variety of pre-made dough options, including whole wheat, white, and gluten-free, so you can choose the type that best fits your preference.
Using store-bought dough also allows you to focus on creating your own unique pizza with all of your favorite toppings. Do you like extra cheese on your pizza? Cheese it up as much as you want! Or how about adding some red pepper flakes or a drizzle of Sriracha sauce over the crust? The options are truly limitless, and with store-bought dough, the process will be quite quick. This means you’ll get to partake in the best part of making homemade pizza much sooner. We’re talking about eating it, of course!
Where Can You Buy Store-Bought Dough for Your Homemade Pizza?
You can buy store-bought dough for making homemade pizza at most grocery stores. Pre-made pizza dough can typically be found in the refrigerated section, and you should be able to find a variety of different dough options. You can also buy pre-made pizza dough from specialty food stores and online retailers. The choice is up to you! Just make sure to check the expiration date on the package before rolling out the dough.
How to Make Homemade Pizza with Store-Bought Dough
Making homemade pizza with store-bought dough is a popular option for those who don’t have time to make dough from scratch. The process is quite simple too, so it’s a great option for beginners.
Things You’ll Need:
- Store-bought pizza dough
- Pizza sauce of your choice
- Your favorite toppings
- Baking sheet or pizza stone
- Rolling pin
- Parchment paper (optional)
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Spatula or large spoon for spreading the sauce
- Access to an oven (of course)
- Preheat your oven to the temperature recommended on the store-bought dough packaging. This will typically be between 400 and 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take out the store-bought dough and place it on a floured surface.
- Roll out the dough using a rolling pin or your hands to shape it into a round or rectangular shape, depending on your preference.
- If you’re making the pizza sauce yourself, mix together your ingredients in a bowl and spread it evenly over the rolled-out dough, leaving a little space around the edges for the crust.
- Add your desired toppings. This is where you can have a little fun with it! Be careful not to overload the pizza as this can prevent it from cooking evenly.
- Bake the pizza on a baking sheet or cooking stone for 10-15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Remove the pizza from the oven. Let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving it up.
Making a homemade pizza with store-bought dough is a wonderful option for those who want to enjoy a delicious and personalized pizza without having to go through the hassle of making the dough from scratch. With plenty of different dough options available in stores, you should have no problem finding one that suits your tastes, preferences, and dietary needs.
Whether you’re a seasoned cook or just a beginner, making homemade pizza with store-bought pizza dough is a fun and satisfying activity that is sure to make your mouth water and your stomach growl.