If you made a few too many boiled eggs, you’re probably wondering what to do with all those leftovers. Many people wonder if boiled eggs can be reheated, so you aren’t alone if you’re thinking the same thing.
Yes, boiled eggs can be reheated using boiling water or in the microwave.
What’s the best way to reheat boiled eggs?
Boiled eggs can be reheated using a couple of different methods, but the safest way is by using boiling water.
How to reheat using boiling water
- Put a few boiled eggs that are still in their shells in a heat-resistant bowl
- Pour boiling water over them until they’re completely submerged
- Let them sit for around ten minutes
- Remove from the bowl, peel, and enjoy!
How to reheat using a microwave
Using a microwave to reheat boiled eggs is a quicker method; however, you need to take a few extra precautions. According to Healthline, hard-boiled eggs can potentially explode when reheated in a microwave. To ensure you’re reheating safely, follow these steps:
- Peel the shell off the boiled egg and cut it in half – this is essential since reheating the egg whole can cause the yolk to explode
- Place the egg on a microwave-safe plate
- Heat in ten-second increments, checking after every ten seconds to ensure the egg doesn’t get a rubbery texture
- Remove from the microwave and enjoy
This method can result in an extremely hot yolk, so be sure to take extra care when biting into the egg so that you avoid burns!
How long are boiled eggs good for?
Hard-boiled eggs can be stored in the fridge for up to seven days after cooking. Be sure to place them in a sealed container to preserve freshness, and keep them moist with a damp paper towel if they’ve already been peeled.
Boiled eggs are a healthy, convenient snack, and they’re very easy to reheat. By reheating your boiled eggs safely, you can enjoy them for up to seven days, so get a pot of water on the stove and start boiling!