Latkes are a delicious form of potato pancakes that are loved and enjoyed all over the world. Originating in the earern European countries of Germany, Austria, Russia and Poland, they were actually considered a peasant food during their early years of consumption.
Potatoes were inexpensive, abundant and stored well, making them popular in dishes of all types. Now latkes have expanded far past this culture into many others, being enjoyed year round and especially in celebration of Hanukkah.
The best way to reheat latkes is in the oven, toaster oven or air fryer. If neither of these are available to you, latkes can also be reheated in the microwave.
Latkes are just as delicious when reheated as they are fresh, making them a great item to keep on hand and enjoy whenever you are craving them.
Ways To Reheat Latkes
Reheating latkes can be done in a variety of ways. When choosing the one you will use, be sure to keep in mind how many you are planning to reheat and how long you have to do so.
Some methods of reheating latkes will take longer than others, and some can only fit small portions rather than large ones.
Reheating Latkes In The Oven
The oven is the best method to reheat latkes if you want to ensure that they remain crispy and delicious. This method is also great for reheating large portions of latkes as they can all be warmed at once.
To reheat latkes in the oven:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Place your latkes on a baking sheet that has been covered in oil.
- Place the latkes inside of the oven and cook for ten minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow latkes to cool for two to three minutes before serving.
Reheating Latkes In The Toaster Oven
Reheating latkes in the toaster oven is very similar to the oven, one of the only differences being the time needed to do so. Preheating a toaster oven is much faster than preheating an oven due to its smaller size, making the process relatively faster to complete.
The toaster oven is not ideal for reheating large batches of latkes at once due to its small size. If you are hoping to reheat more than just a few, consider using the oven instead.
To reheat latkes in the toaster oven, follow these steps:
- Preheat your toaster oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Place your latkes on a baking sheet that is small enough to fit inside of the toaster oven and that has been covered in oil.
- Place the latkes inside of the toaster oven and cook for ten minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the toaster oven and allow latkes to cool for two to three minutes before serving.
Reheating Latkes In An Air Fryer
The air fryer is taking over kitchens worldwide thanks to its fast, powerful and oil free cooking. This handy tool does wonders at preparing food and is just as useful when it comes to reheating food, including latkes.
An air fryer should not be used to reheat large portions of latkes given its small size. This method is great when you are looking to reheat a latke in a rush without compromising that delicious, crispy texture.
To reheat latkes in an air fryer, follow these steps:
- Coat the latkes you are planning to reheat with oil or butter.
- Place the latkes inside of the air fryer.
- Cook at 350 degrees fahrenheit for three to five minutes.
- Remove and allow the latkes to cool for one minute before enjoying.
Reheating Latkes In The Microwave
Microwaving latkes isn’t the best way to reheat them when you want to preserve quality and crispiness, but it will still get the job done. If you do not have access to an oven, toaster oven, or air fryer, consider reheating your latkes in the microwave.
This method is relatively fast and simple, though it can affect the crisp outside of the latke. Microwaving is not recommended when looking to reheat a large portion of latkes.
If you are choosing to reheat your latkes in the microwave, here’s how to do so:
- Place your desired number of latkes on a microwave safe dish.
- Place latkes inside of the microwave.
- Cook on medium power level for five minutes, flipping the latkes halfway through.
- Allow the latkes to cool before enjoying.
Latkes are a delicious, potato based dish that is known and loved all over the world. This dish is great when eating with your loved ones and can be served as a main dish or as a side. They are healthy, easy to make and can easily be reheated for delicious results.
When reheating latkes, you can choose from the oven, toaster oven, air fryer or microwave to do so. While the first three methods are highly recommended, the microwave will get the job done if needed.
Be sure to consider how much time you have to dedicate to reheating latkes and how many you are planning to serve when choosing which method to use. No matter how you reheat your latkes, they will be nothing short of mouth watering and delicious.