Everyone loves a Chick-fil-a sandwich. That delicious chicken with (extra!) pickles and the buttery bun just makes your mouth water and satisfies some serious cravings! Sometimes, when those cravings hit, your eyes get bigger than your stomach and your order too much. Some may decide to freeze their left overs, and some may decide to reheat them.
There are a few ways you can reheat your Chick-Fil-A sandwich; in the oven, the microwave, airfryer or in a pan on the stvoetop. The absolute best way to reheat the sandwich is in the oven.
Reheating your sandwich in the oven
While this is the best way to reheat the sandwich, it’s not the fastest.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Take the chicken off of your sandwich and place it on the baking sheet.
- Remove all the extras like pickles, lettuce and tomato.
- Place the buns, flat side down, on the baking sheet.
- Place the chicken and the buns in the oven for 5-7 minutes or until heating through.
- Remove them from the oven and reassemble your sandwich.
Using this method, you’ll think you just pulled right out of the drive thru!
This is also a great way to reheat your Chick-fil-a sandwich in the oven.’
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Loosely wrap your sandwich in aluminum foil.
- Place the sandwich in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove the sandwich from the oven and remove the tin foil from around it.
- This way just tastes better!
- It’s easy to monitor the heat with your oven and more evenly distributes the heat.
- You can heat the sandwich and the buns together.
- This way takes longer than the other methods.
- It does require a few more kitchen items than some of the other methods.
Other Methods for Reheating Chick-fil-a Sandwiches
Reheat in the Microwave
Using the microwave is the quickest way to reheat your sandwich. Just make sure you take the chicken off of the bread first!
- Heat the chicken for about 45 seconds.
- Wrap the bun in a moist paper towel and heat it for 15 seconds.
- Reassemble your sandwich and enjoy!
*Whatever you do, do not put your Chick-fil-a bag in the microwave.
- The microwave is definitely the fastest way to reheat your sandwich.
- This was a very easy and requires minimal cleanup
- It’s hard to monitor your sandwich when reheating in the microwave. This could cause the chicken to become dried out.
The Air Fryer
The air fryer has become my new favorite kitchen appliance, and is perfect for reheating things like your sandwich. It will be so crispy when it’s ready!
- Preheat your air fryer
- Once it’s done reheating, place your chicken in the basket. Heat on one side 3-4 minutes, then the other for 2-3 minutes.
- While it is heating, place your buns in the microwave for about 15 seconds. Be sure to wrap them in a moist paper towel so they will remain soft.
- Once the chicken and buns are ready you can reassemble your sandwich.
- The air fryer will certainly retain the chicken’s moisture and cause the chicken to become crispy.
- This way is very fast and easy.
- Not everyone has access to an airfryer, so this method may not be an option for everyone.
- There is some extra clean up involved when using the air fryer.
In a Pan
Another way you can reheat your sandwich is on the stove top in a pan. This method also requires you to cook the chicken and buns separately.
- Turn your eye on medium and place some butter in the pan.
- Once the butter has melted, place the buns, flat side down, in the pan.
- Toast for 30-45 seconds.
- Then put the chicken in the pan, flipping every 2-3 minutes until it is heated through.
- Assemble your sandwich and enjoy!
- This method will make your reheated buns very delicious.
- The butter will help the chicken retain its moisture.
- This method requires the buns and chicken to be heated separately
- This method takes longer than some of the other methods.
- This method may not re-crisp the chicken as well as some of the other methods.
Enjoying your favorite sandwich from Chick-fil-a at home has never been easier. Using your oven, microwave or air fryer to reheat your sandwich will ensure you can enjoy Chick-fil-a from the comfort of your own home, and even on Sunday!